Today's Company was established in 1919 under the name "The First Factory of Locomotive in Poland Joint Stock Company". Within the pre-war period several types of standard-gauge steam locomotives and narrow-gauge steam locomotives for passenger, express and freight trains were manufactured for both Polish Railways as well as for the industry. Moreover, the production of diesel and electrical mining locomotives and power cars was undertaken.
After 1945 the production of steam locomotives and then narrow-gauge and standard-gauge diesel shunting locomotives with a power of 40 HP up to 1200 HP has been still developed.
Totally our factory produced over 10500 steam and diesel locomotives.
The factory started co-operation with all Polish railway rolling stock companies furnishing them among others the following goods: driving axle-sets for locomotives, mechanical transmissions for locomotives and trams, braking system equipment under license of OERLIKON, gear wheels and forgings.
In the 70s the line of production range was extended to construction machinery and goods designed for defense industry as well.
Since the 90s the basic product range has included: road mobile cranes, transportable cranes, road side assistance equipment, goods for railway industry- bogies, axles for locomotives and cars, gears and toothed wheels, welded constructions and all types of forgings. Our company offers refurbishment and modernizations of locomotives and road mobile cranes and services.
Our company obtained a number of authorizations and certificates to meet Polish and European standards. We have Quality Assurance System according to ISO 9001, SLV Certificates, TSI and UIC Certificates which allow for braking system components production, TSI and UTK Certificates for wheelsets production and UTK Certificates for locomotive’s modernization.
To face up to high quality and technical demands of our clients our Company is continually investing in the modern machines and equipment.